World hope International also known as WHI is a Christian organization focused on providing relief and development to poor and deprived communities. They not only work on alleviating poverty and suffering poor people face but also work to ensure global justice. World hope international commenced its operation in 1996, and now they served in 15 of the world’s poorest countries. Their work focused on the following 8 areas: violence based on gender and anti-trafficking, providing sanitation and clean water wells, economic development along with rural development, agriculture, response in an emergency, sponsorship, nutrition, and health for the child.
World Hope International’s Vision
World hope international vision is to empower those in need by providing them with opportunities and dignity. The organization also want to turn the under privilege of the society into change maker. They believe these change makers can multiply the effect and further help others to elevate their lives.
Their programs bring not only tangible change but also intangible change in terms of definite improvement emotional state of mind. WHI’s approach is to focus on long term effects by equipping poor and needy with the best resource and knowledge.
Some of World Hope International Projects in Africa
In the last two decades, WHI has become one of the most prominent Christian charity in the region.
- Helped over 0.8 million men, women, and children by constructing 1159 wells.
- Initiated mobile power project to provide energy in Sierra Leone’ rural areas.
- The organization took care of Ebola outbreak patients in Sierra Leone.
- Business plans for small farmers to generate income.
- Initiated first anti-human trafficking hotline in Liberia.
- Over 76000 children got screened for malnutrition and 3000 children for severe malnutrition.
At the moment over 50% of farmers have clean water to drink in Cambodia.3615 healthcare professionals are trained to reduce the infant mortality rate.1500 farmers got benefited from the greenhouses in Sierra Leone. People usually as what percentage of donations go to administrative costs at world hope international? well 92% expenditures focused on program services.
The President and CEO Airlink S.J.smith says “All those deprived communities with no access to clean water have the right to be treated on emergency bases. With partnering with HOPE international foundation, we will be able to do that.”
How You Can Help World Hope International?
- You can work with them by volunteering as an intern at WHI or join them as an employee.
- Connect your school, church or place of work with the specific villages to help the community in uplifting their standard of living.
- You can join them to serve poor and needy people in different parts of the world.
- Become a fundraiser for WHI by raising fund individually for WHI.
- Invite World hope international people as guest speaker at your work place, schools, or church.
Click on the link to read my recent blog on Americares charity organisation.