Since inception, Aschiana implemented‘Art Therapy’ to help and support children who were traumatized by the ongoing war. This program was very effective activity for the affected children and Aschiana was able to support many in times of need. Aschiana has been running various Art Therapyactivities like arts, calligraphy and miniaturize. The aim is to support young boys and girls, and train them provisionally that will enable them to support themselves and their families in the long run.
Thousands of children have been trained provisionally, including the street working children as well as students of the Kabul University.
Children who have attended Aschiana’s Art Therapy classes have participated in several national and international art exhibitions and competitions and achieved awards and certificates. Some of those are as follows:
- In 2018, children from Aschiana participated in a national competition organized by the Ministry of Commerce in Kabul. Children of the age group 10-18 took part from all over the country, our children received awards and participation certificatesin the competition.
- In 2007, 15 children from Aschiana took part in an international competition on peace, held in South Korea and organized by UNAMA. One of our studentssecured first position and received the Certificate of ‘Peace Ambassador of Afghanistan’.
- In 2016, childrenfromAschiana participated in a competition in Egypt organized by WHO. One of our studentssecured second position and was awarded a sum of $500.
- In 2011, UNDP and Ministry of Interior developed a yearly calendar themed on Child Rights, all of the drawing were selected from Aschiana’s children group.
- Children from Aschiana have participated in exhibitions andart competitions organized by the various embassies like the U.S.A, French, German,U.K., Canada, Japan and China in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- In 2004, children from Aschiana took part in a national art competition organized by the Romanian Army in Kabul, Afghanistan.Two of our students bagged the first and second positions, and further participated in an exhibition organized in Romania.
- In 2012, children from Aschiana participated in an international art competition in Italy on Child Rights. Students from 80 countries participated in the competition. One of ourstudentssecured third positionin the competition.
- In 2015, students of Aschiana took part in a competition in Egypt organized by WHOonfood security. Two of our students bagged the first and third prizes, respectively.